Friday, April 11, 2008

An email from Wendy Walenski Pang

I do hate posting bad news, but I asked Wendy if she would mind if I posted her email below. We both thought it is not a bad idea to remind everyone of our own mortality as well as that of our loved ones. Her most recent email to me asked if I remember a group of us going smelt fishing in high school. How could I forget, Wendy! What great times those were! Wendy promises to be a subsequent Class of 1974 get-together. Our prayers are with both you and Steve, Wendy. God bless!

From: wrpang@aol.com [mailto:wrpang@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:57 AMTo: Cathy EckersSubject: Re: Time for an East High Gathering!

Hi Cathy,Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. We are arriving back from a European vacation the night before. Mary Seering Bodmer did ask if I would join her and come along. We would have great fun but the timing will not allow. I will hope and plan for the next one! My husband has been recently been diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease. We are trying to adjust to this and my doctors that I work for are sending the two of us to Europe to fulfill a dream of Steve's. He has always wanted to go to Germany but would not take the time or spend the money(?)...a true achiever in the banking industry. Life is so short and I have never reflected that school of thought. I have been to Europe twice before :) so, the absolute love of my life will slowly slip away before my very eyes...I can hardly bear it. Please pray for us as we face these uncertain days ahead. He is having difficulty walking and with upper body muscle function as well as speech/swallow involvement. Please pass along that once again, the reminders of how short and truly special life is needs to be noticed and honored. Love life each and every day for tomorrow may never come and it may come with incredible challenges. We continue to smile and be so thankful for the blessings that we have enjoyed and continue to experience. Have fun and give my greetings to all. Wendy

No comments: